Sunday 5 May 2013

3D Max: Bouncing Ball

In this lesson we looked at an online tutorial to get used to learning the software ourselves. I was trying to create a bouncing ball.

Firstly we started by creating a sphere and adding a material to it to get the pattern onto the ball whilst changing the colours. Once I had finished creating the actual ball I had to try and get it to animate by moving the ball from one side to the other. After I had finally finished animating the ball which took a while to do I added an effect to make the ball squish at the bottom when it hits the floor to make it look more realistic it is bouncing. Here is my bouncing ball outcome:



This took me quite a while to do and I did struggle with the animation of the ball and adding the effect to the bounce. However it was quite good to follow a tutorial online because I could go at my own pace and be able to take in more as I learnt how to actually understand the software more this way rather than copying my tutor trying to catch up to that stage as I found myself getting lost quite a few times creating the other tutorials.

No comments:

Post a Comment