Sunday 5 May 2013

Cinema 4D: Character Model

In this tutorial I looked at creating a 3D character model. I started by creating a cube and changed it to Gouraud shading (lines). I then made the object editable and rotated to view the underneath of the cube, in which I selected the point selection and selected the middle points on the cube. I dragged the points down to extend this. I basically made this character from a cube and by dragging out different parts of the cube to extend to create this character. After I had created the character I used the materials to add colour to different sections on the character. To create the eyes I simply created 2 spheres and moved them into the character. I then added a light to create a shadow to make the character look 3D.



This was my final outcome of the character. My character came out a little strange and a bit flat in places such as the feet and the head. I needed to add a bit more shape to it. Also I must have pulled part of the head a bit too much because there is a bit that sticks out of the head that I must have stretched. I quite liked doing this tutorial, I found it quite interesting to do but I did struggle with it. I got used to the lighting and how to place it in different locations it was the extruding and dragging of different polygons that I struggled with. Overall I thought it was a good tutorial and useful to learn.




No comments:

Post a Comment